How Does Your Child Benefit?
Our education philosophy honors both the individual child and the needs of the class.
We believe that:
- Each child is a special gift from God, and as such is valued.
- The classroom should be a safe, joyful environment where children feel confident to express ideas and ask questions.
- Learning is a process; the child’s level of development is the most critical factor in that process.
- The curriculum and instruction must account for individual learning levels.
Non-discrimination Statement: Martin Luther Grammar School admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and loan programs, and athletic and other school-administered programs.
Schedule an appointment with the MLGS Headmaster (Principal) today. Visit our school, see our facilities, and ask about our affordable tuition and tuition discounts for multiple students in the same household.
MLGS is a ministry of Immanuel Lutheran Church, a congregation of The Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod. http://www.lcms.org http://immanuelsheridan.blogspot.com
For Further Information Contact or Visit:
Rev. Paul J Cain, Senior Pastor and MLGS Headmaster
Martin Luther Grammar School
1300 W 5th Street
Sheridan, WY 82801
(307) 674-6434 [email protected]
Yes! There is an Evangelical Christian School in Sheridan!
Reading, Writing, and Arithmetic with Christ at the Center
Email [email protected]
In May 2010 our student body chose red and gold as school colors
for our mascot. We are the Knights!
What Is Classical Education?
Classical Education reflects the natural intellectual development of children as well as the pattern through
which all human learning progresses. Students first gain a foundation of basic knowledge (grammar stage), subsequently learn to reason for deeper understanding (logic stage), and finally concentrate on developing and defending their ideas (rhetoric stage). Through this classical method of instruction (called the Trivium), students are taught to be interested listeners, critical thinkers, and persuasive communicators all their lives.
What Is Taught at MLGS?
Martin Luther Grammar School provides a classical education curriculum for Kindergarten through the 5th Grade. We seek to put into practice the ideals of Classical education by utilizing curricular materials consistent with those ideals. These include:
- The Holy Bible
- Spalding’s Writing Road to Reading
- Shurley Grammar
- Saxon Math
- Veritas History
- Memorization (with meaning)
- God’s Design for Science
- The Lost Tools of Writing
- Luther’s Small Catechism presents systematic study of Christian doctrine rooted in the Reformation principles of Scripture Alone, Grace Alone, Faith Alone, Christ Alone, and To God’s Glory Alone. Students will learn the Ten Commandments, Apostles’ Creed, Lord’s Prayer, and Biblical teaching on Holy Baptism, the forgiveness of sins, and the Lord’s Supper.